Saturday, August 28, 2010

July 2010

Here we are at Old Town San Diego. It was on these steps that Neil sang to me "I love my Pamela Dean. She can't spell worth beans, but I sure do love my Pamela Dean." He sang this on the night we got engaged.

We got to spend a couple of days in San Diego with Paul, Lisa, Lauren, and Maddie before we went to DC. Here is Maddie with Seth, the hoodlum.

July was a month filled with trips and summer fun. We did a weekend outing to the Oceanside pier. Laina loved watching the waves from the pier.

In the next picture, Seth gives us an angelic grin from his stroller.

My Grandpa Hales passed away this month and we drove to Utah for his funeral. On our way back from this trip, we stopped at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and went swimming in their lazy river. Laina and Seth didn't like the waterfalls where you got really wet, but we loved it.

On our way back, we also stopped at Cedar Breaks and barely missed a huge thunderstorm.

Funerals bring families together. Most of our extended family made it to Grandpa Hales' funeral. My sister Liz sang, just like she did for Grandma's funeral.

As a 99 year old great grandpa dies, his young great-granddaughter Elaina lives on with his legacy.

We stayed at my friend Patti's house the first night of this trip. Patti is my old roommate from DC. She got married to Jed and has a 4 year old named Riley and a 2 year old named Serah.

We also got to see Uncle Paul and cousin Maddie. Seth has a goofy, squinty smile, just like his Uncle Paul, and looks a lot like him when he was a baby.

Here we are dressed up for the 4th of July. We went to Pepper Tree Park to watch the fireworks. Elaina loved doing roll overs in the soft grass there.








No comments:

Post a Comment