Sunday, February 5, 2012

October 2011

HALLOWEEN:
For Halloween I was on bed rest, but I got to attend our neighbors' Halloween party. Here I am, sitting in the chair by the garage. In addition to the party, the kids got to trick or treat in the local area. I don't know if Seth likes that skeleton.

TRUNK OR TREAT:
Though I was on bed rest, I cheated and went to Trunk or Treat at the church. Elaina was Tinkerbell and Seth was Superman. Daddy was Elvis and I was a cowgirl.

BED REST:
Yes, this couch is where I spent most of my time
while I was on bed rest. In some ways, my kids got more of my attention because I wasn't going anywhere.

DRESSED UP FOR CHURCH:
Don't Elaina and Seth look dapper in their Sunday best?

PUMPKIN PATCH:
We finally found the Lavender Farms' pumpkin patch in Fallbrook. We went there after the ward pancake breakfast and brought Minna and Cynthia Mills.

JULIAN:
We love the quaint town of Julian, an hour east of San Diego. We decided to go in October since the baby was due in December. Good thing we did because I went on bed rest 4 days later.

CARLSBAD BEACH:
Yes we went to the beach in October with my friend Carolina and her daughter Natalie. I like the beach best when it isn't summer. Fewer crowds and clearer skies.

PAPER DRESS:
We like to read the fairy tale "Three Dwarfs in a Wood", where the mean stepmother makes her stepdaughter wear a paper dress in the snow. Lainy is just wearing a paper dress in the doctor's office.

SETH'S BIRTHDAY PARTY:
We invited our neighbors, the Parkinsons, and our friends, the Mendeses, over to decorate creepy cupcakes and candy corn (like the Corduroy Halloween book) for Seth's Birthday. It takes a lot of black food coloring to turn frosting black.





No comments:

Post a Comment