Thursday, September 2, 2010

Savannah, Georgia, August 2010

Our next stop on our East Coast trip was Savannah, Georgia. Here is a mansion used in the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." That movie put Savannah on the map.

This Catholic cathedral was beautiful on the outside and the inside of the cathedral was surprisingly light and bright with pretty blue colors.

This old wood building was frequented by Robert Lewis Stevenson who wrote "Treasure Island." It does look like a pirates' hang out.

This monument to Revolutionary War hero Pulaski is in one of the 22 squares in Savannah. The city has been careful to preserve these squares, which add a distinctive character to the downtown area.

Next is me with the kids in front of a famous fountain in Forsyth Park. Fountains were my favorite part of this trip.

Next is another monument to a Confederate soldier in Forsyth Park.

Finally, you see a couple of pictures of me playing in fountains with Elaina. It was so hot and humid on this trip that fountains were a welcome break from the heat. I'm not sure who enjoyed playing in the fountains more, me or Elaina. I always wanted a daughter so I could relive my childhood, and I got my wish.








No comments:

Post a Comment