Tuesday, July 23, 2013

AUGUST 2012

AUGUST 2012

LAGUNA:
Lainy and Seth look at the tide pools near the Montage in Laguna.

REALATOR CARAVAN:
We crashed a house showing near our house and were rewarded with Mermaids.  Elaina wanted to have a fancy party after this experience.

JULIETTE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY:
Aubrey enjoyed playing in the balls at our the Birthday party.  No wonder she loves to play with balls.

MOSS POINT:
This was my favorite place to go snorkeling in Laguna when I use to live in Orange County.

NEWPORT HYATT FAMILY REUNION:
We had an impromptu family reunion organized by my oldest sister Marilee in New Port, California.

SEALING AT THE SAN DIEGO TEMPLE:
We attended Rachel and Bryan's wedding a year ago. They got sealed in the San Diego temple a year later.  We had to leave the New Port family reunion to attend the occasion with Neil's room mate of 6 years.  Getting kicked out might have been the best thing that ever  happened to Bryan as it helped him get married to Rachel a few years later.

IRVINE SPECTRUM AND THE FOUNTAINS OF THE ALHAMBRA:  Yes we tried unsuccessfully to keep Elaina and Seth out of the fountains, but by the time we left they were both sopping wet.  That is why I am always happy to have a spare change of clothing in the diaper bag, then I don't stress.  These fountains mean a lot to me as I took a graduate school math course on the mathematical tile patterns of the Alhambra.  Believe it or not the math was rather complicated and for months after, I couldn't pass a set of tile without analyzing it.

TEH LAGUNA SAWDUST FESTIVAL:
The setting makes it worth the admission and it is fun to see the art work.  Seth at 2 and a half proved to heavy to carry in the back pack and the the 90 degree weather didn't make it easy either, but it was fun to attend.  I like the mermaid sand sculptures best.  The pageant of the masters across the street from the Saw Dust festival has been fun to attend in Laguna also.

HOT SUMMER NIGHTS:
They shut down the streets of small down town Fallbrook and let us walk Main street and look at vintage cars and dance in the town square.  No, I don't drink.  I'm not enebriated.

CARPINTERIA, OUR FIRST CAMP OUT WITH KIDS:
It was warm we all slept and I am serene looking out at the ocean from our camp site.  It was hard having a 9 month old on a camp out.  You can't put a crawler on the ground because they get dirty.  So baby Aubrey had to be held the whole time.  Camping with little ones was a fun experience and we have even repeated the experience.

LIME KILN PARK, BIG SURE:
I love this place it is my favorite place to camp.  The ocean is on one side and the forest is on the other.  Of course the California coast line is beautiful.

LIME KILN STATE PARK:
I am watching the sunset along the California coast line.
We took Aubrey our 9 month old everywhere in the back pack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment