Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our 2nd Honeymoon to Carmel and Cambria, April 2008






A month before the baby came, we took a trip to my 2nd choice for a honeymoon, Carmel and Cambria on the California coast, south of the Bay area.  Cambria was beautiful.  I loved the boardwalk along the beach and we got to watch kayakers and surfers face the surf in the morning.

We did a tour of Hearst Castle, which is always fun to visit.  If I could have my dream date it would be swimming in this pool.

Here is a picture of me and Neil with Mc Way Falls in the background at in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.  It is one of the only waterfalls that goes straight into the ocean.  

Carmel is gorgeous.  I would have been happy going there on a honeymoon.  We stopped at the Pebble beach golf course to have bottle of Perrier.  It was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen.

Point Lobos State Park is on the southern side of the bay of Carmel.  It has beautiful hiking trails with stunning ocean views.  I especially liked Emerald Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment