Friday, July 31, 2009

The Getty Villa and Point Dume - April 2009







     This is the Getty Villa near Pacific Pallisades, CA.  We especially wanted to go there after visiting Herculaneum and Pompei on our honeymoon.  Here is Elaina sitting on a mosaic.
     The Getty Villa was modeled after a villa found outside of Herculaneum. I remember going there when I was 12 with my uncle Don, a professional artist.  I will always remember the way he described the art he saw there. Because he took the time to talk to me about it, he has always been one of my favorite uncles.   The big fountain and statuary is impressive.
     After seeing the Getty, we decided to explore some more and drove through Malibu and then turned off the Hwy 1 to find Point Dume.  A secluded stretch of beach like this is a rare find in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment