Friday, July 17, 2009

Jenny George's Wedding in Colorado, November 2008

     My friend Jenny George finally got married to Jeff Upchurch in the Denver, Colorado LDS temple, and we got to go to her wedding.  It was a great trip.
At the end of our trip we visited Colorado Springs, the place of my birth.  Here is the Garden of the Gods, the place I did my first lead climb and fell.
     We had to visit the Broadmore Hotel and go to their famous brunch buffet.  The views of the mountains behind the hotel reminded me of Switzerland.
     Elaina had a twin at the wedding.  Oh these were the days when all she could do is roll over.
     I am sure Jenny and Jeff were much nicer eating their wedding cake then Neil and I were.
     The wedding party included me, Cory, another friend, Jenny's sister, and her brothers in Purple ties.
     We went on a walk through downtown Denver.  It was freezing that day and warm the next.  Colorado has such variable weather.  The downtown was fun with a light rail down the center of the road.
     We had to visit the unsinkable Molly Brown house.  In the movie her favorite color was red, but in real life it was green.
     We stayed in this Denver victorian B & B called Castle Marne.  







No comments:

Post a Comment